Integrating Sector Strategies and Career Pathways at the Regional Level
12:00 PM ~ 1:00 PM ET
Sector strategies and career pathways are two key strategies that help address the pressing workforce challenges facing employers in regional economies, while assisting workers in getting skills that are valued by industry.
Local Workforce Development Boards and their partners across the country are now working to determine how these approaches fit together, as the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) places a strong focus on regional implementation of both strategies. This Peer Learning Group call will offer WDBs and their partners a chance to share promising practices as well challenges in aligning these strategies in their local areas. A local WDB that has successfully integrated sector strategies and career pathways will discuss key steps and lessons learned from their efforts.
Keith Lawing, President & CEO, Workforce Alliance of South Central Kansas
You Might Also Like
- Apprenticeship: The Talent Development Solution for Sector S...
- Assembling the Pipeline: Connecting Sector Strategies to Car...
- Skills Wisconsin: An Initiative to Improve Industry-Driven W...
- Using Sector Strategies and Industry Focus Groups to Support...
- Voices of Experience: Podcast on Business Opportunities Unde...